Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thrift shop.

Nowadays, I'm in dire need of cash. Not because I'm broke or whatever but because I'm saving for a shopping trip right after this semester ends. I find myself buying clothes from hrist shops or as we call it here in the Philippines, ukay-ukay. I think its called that coz clothes are just placed in a pile and you have to did your way through the stench of mothballs praying that its not as dirty as it seems.

Believe it or not there are some more-than-worth-the-money-spent or lucky finds in those kinds of places. There was one time when I foind a Juicy Couture striped top that looked like it was barely used. It was definitely one of those AHA! moments! :)

Last weekend, I bought myself 3 tops (1 sweater, 1 top with a cat as a print, and a white buttoned-down top) coz the place was going on a 3-for-100 sale. Its pretty worth it .when its like that. But in the store right next to it there was this really cute jacket that I really cpuldnt use here in the Philippines coz its just so stinking hot here! I just pictured myself wearing it to a trip to Canada or something. I dunno. Me and my imaginations. Pero diba, 'libre and mangarap.'  Did I say that right? I have pretty crappy Tagalog speaking skills but anyway I think that meant 'it's free to dream' in English.

Anyhoo. Im selling accessories now for really cheap prices. Like if those boutiques sell a bracelet for like P75.00, then I sell them for P55.00 :) Wanna know more about my little saving-for-Cebu business? Contact me on twitter at @ilovelykajean :)

To end this post, I was supposed to leave you with a video/song by Macklemore x Ryan Lewis ft Wans - - - Thrift Shop ,..but poooop I cant seem to upload photos from this tablet!!! :( :( :(

I hope I figure this out soon though.

x
the always curious, Elle ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment